Sunday Night Thoughts  

Posted by Jordan Jones in

1. I am not going to lie. What God asked me to teach on was not easy. I know I might be a pansy, but speaking with that much authority (or presumed authority) took a lot of Spirit dependency.

2. I am learning that you can't successfully speak with authority (at least without coercive power) unless those you are speaking to have witnessed sacrificial acts of love and service on your part (why do you think everyone listened and respected a little, fragile old lady from Calcutta when she spoke?!?)
3. Umm...wow. When the Spirit of God speaks restoration into a human heart, the aftermath is undeniable. Thank you for showing me that the deepest thing you can do spiritually is simply obey. It's amazingly refreshing.
4. I have heard some rumblings that I am unapproachable, that some students and parents see me as someone that it is not easy to come to and talk through an issue, problem, etc. A couple things I want to share. First, I can completely understand that sentiment. I am pretty intense about most things, my passion is both my greatest glory and greatest curse. I often become very defensive. This is not exactly the ideal circumstances for open dialogue. However, please know my door is always open. Students, parents and leaders walk through it all the time (both literally and figuratively). I desire to walk through your journey with you. It's why I'm here. I am sorry for the times that I have communicated otherwise with my actions.
5. See you next week for our November AMP, the Bonfire Blitz! You won't believe the kinds of foods we will be grilling over fires in the back woods. It's going to be sickkk. And to the weather complainers- Supposedly it's not supposed to be that cold either (and you will be outside all night for Halloween, one night before!!!) Don't forget to bring your friends...it's the reason we do these kind of nights!
6. I know I say this a lot...but I love my job. Heart transformation never gets old.

This entry was posted on Monday, October 26, 2009 at Monday, October 26, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

0 comments