Matthew 5- Part 5  

Posted by Jordan Jones in

God blesses those who are merciful, for they will be shown mercy.


You're blessed when you care. At the moment of being 'care-full,' you find yourselves cared for.

Sometimes I think add too much as I wrestle through the scripture. I slant the story God is trying to reveal to me toward my tendencies, my reluctances, my fears. But when we read the Word of God- it's about us shaving off our tendencies and re-orienting ourselves around truth. And don't be scared from that word (sorry so many people have tainted it). Truth is simply reality the way God sees it. I can get in on that.

So today- care about others. Go out of your way to show mercy. Why? Because Jesus declares there is no better way to live- he has a track record of inviting people to the fullest life possible- I doubt He got it wrong here.

Keep faith simple today.

This entry was posted on Monday, October 5, 2009 at Monday, October 05, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

0 comments